About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Everyday Essentials Drawers

Saturday 3 October 2015

I mentioned in my September Favourites that having a pretty set essentials routine really helps me be creative in other aspects of getting ready, not trying to figure out which concealer to use or where my eyeliner is really allows me to take a couple extra minutes deciding other aspects of my look, like eyeshadow or lips. It even lets me stay in bed a little longer because I'm not digging around for stuff. I have three drawers on my desk and I start from the top down, keeping a hand sanitizer on top I start with that and then work my way down the drawers.

In the first drawer I keep any base products I will need, primers etc. I keep my NYX Cottage Cheese Eyeshadow Stick for when I want my eyeshadow to really pop, or as a primer for my inner corner highlight, I like this one over Milk because it isn't as stark white which gives it a bit more of a natural look still. Garnier UnderEye Caffeine Eye Roller  for days when I have especially bad bags, or I'm not feeling well to make myself look more awake. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray I also keep my setting spray in here because I use it both before and after applying my makeup on especially long days. Sephora Collection CC Eye Cream and Concealer I have a birth mark on the inner corner of my left eye, which is red, so on no makeup days or when it is particularly prominent I use this before my primer to try and combat some of that redness. Pix Flawless Base Primer I love how dewy this makes my skin when it is really dry. Urban Decay Primer Potion Hands down the only primer I will ever use, I absolutely adore this stuff and have a backup already.

This drawer isn't as full as the first one, because I rotate this one more often. I swap out blush and highlighter pretty often or when the seasons change, and concealer when I run out. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Light/Fair I used the heck out of this last year, and when I was running out of my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, I decided to go back to it it was on sale! and I love it again. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Foundation in Fair I got this on boxing day last year and it's amazing, I use it primarily to set my concealer and a light dusting on the cheeks, but it smells like chocolate, *insert heart eyes emoji* Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium  I got this as a sample in my ipsy bag a year ago and I'm still using it almost every day and haven't hit pan yet, it's the perfect bronzer (and it smells good). ELF Blush in Mauve  Great for the fall as it is a deep pink, but it is a really buildable shade,  I don't use a lot of it, and it requires a couple applications to really get a lot of pigment but I think that's whats good about this kind of shade. ELF Baked Blush I mentioned this in my favourites as well, I really like the effect over the Too Faced Powder, and it's the perfect subtle highlight.

This drawer is everything I need to really finish my face in the morning. I have nail scissors and tweezers for any little random eyebrow hairs and the obviously required eyelash curler.  Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub to use as I finish getting ready to prep my lips for whatever I decide to do that day. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel I do my brows before my eyeliner because if my brows turn out a little bolder I match my eyeliner to however they turn out, if that makes sense- I like it all to look flawless so having crazy brows and no eyeliner doesn't look finished to me, so brows are first. Covergirl Liquiline Blast my favourite eyeliner for either lining my actual eyelid or tightlining, this baby is my go to. Benefit They're Real Gel Eyeliner I really like this product and it's about time I buy a full size, I like the concept and the way it applies and that it stays where it is supposed to. Rimmel Lift Me Up Mascara The first time I used this I made my sister smell it, because the light scent of cucumber is refreshing in the morning, especially because I've never found a mascara that smells nice. Besides the scent I like the effect it gives on my lashes- you can expect a full review on this sometime soon!

What are some of your everyday essentials? I would love to hear about them!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►