About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

6 Spring/ Summer Lip Products

Tuesday 12 May 2015


Spring and Summer are my favourite for lip colours. I'm not completely into dark bold lips and the warmer months are more about natural lip colours, or simple makeup and a bright colour. Ever since I was little I was never really into a lot of attention being brought to me, even in the competitive figure skating days where bold makeup is required and it really transcends into my tastes in makeup and clothes.


Since I'm challenging myself to step out of the comfort zone a little more, I have really started to love darker/brighter shades for the warm months even if there are only 4 months of warmth in Canada. Rimmel London Colour Rush Balm in Lady Marmalade a carry over from last year, where it saw a lot of use, a more burnt orange slightly dark but still light enough to rock in the spring/summer. Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Poppy a true burnt red shade that has enough orange in it to work better for the spring/summer than I would wear in the fall/winter, a creamy product that does have some lasting power. Maybelline Colour Whisper in Rose of Attraction a go- to for the third year running, a very sheen rose colour to match any look, and natural enough for no-makeup days. Maybelline Colour Sensational Faint for Fuchsia (matte) a new addition for the season and a congrats you finished another year of school splurge this is by far the boldest in my collection as I tend to stay away from fuchsias on principle, but I'm really loving this shade and the formulation of this product (maybe even enough to sample a couple others from the line. Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon I purchased this last year and loved it so much that I wanted to wear it all year round I resisted the temptation and the first time the temperature was above 10 degrees I pulled it out, huge fan of the whole lip butter line. NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel when these first released I couldn't wait for them to come to Canada, and the formulation doesn't disappoint, I also love how this shade is more of a cool toned pink, as compared to a warm toned pink which can wash me out, the formulation though <3

What are some of your favourite bolder lip colours for Spring and Summer?

Labels: , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►