About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Cocoa for your face?

Monday 26 January 2015



I have freckles, a lot of them. Freckles make it hard to use foundations because the point of foundations are to cover, which more often that not leaves me looking a little weird. Most foundations (liquids especially) leave me with paler freckles, which make my face look different compared to my arms of neck which are also freckled.

The Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Light changes everything. First of all, it smells amazing, like chocolate, which sometimes makes me want chocolate especially during certain times of the month. But this is an incredibly light powder foundation. It can build which is better for those who are not freckly, but it also blends really well, I feel like you can barely see it on my skin, which is amazing, because freckles. I use this to set my concealer and bring some colour to my face, but I also use it all over to even out my skin, and make it all look nice.

I'm not going to lie, half of what drew me to this product is my love for the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer  but this is a wonderful investment, I don't use a lot, just a light layer to feel like I have some coverage and then bam, I'm good to go.


Labels: , , , ,


At 26 January 2015 at 10:25 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh that looks nice and the fact it smells of chocolate is even better! x

Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

 
At 26 January 2015 at 10:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg I love this post! I have lots of freckles and have the same problem! I'm getting this. Thanks for sharing

Mel
http://girlandthepolkadot.com

 
At 27 January 2015 at 02:24 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh this product looks very nice, great blog post :)
Taylor Mayed

 
At 28 January 2015 at 06:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the packaging!

Andrea
andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►